Zájemci o provoz linky do Amsterdamu totiž na letišti Schiphol údajně zjistili dle vyjádření Jakuba Unucky, náměstka hejtmana MSK a náměstka pro dopravu, že zájemcúm letiště Shiphol nemůže přidělit přistávací sloty, tudíž tato linka zřejmě nebude spuštěna. „Ještě je tady varianta, že by třeba letecká společnost použila sloty, které už na amsterodamském letišti má, ale tomu příliš nevěřím.“, dodal.
Kraj soutěž na letecké dopravce prodloužil už dvakrát, protože se nikdo nepřihlásil. Podle MF DNES je stále naděje na linku do Helsinek, která by byla zajímavá hlavně pro zaměstnance společnosti Tieto. Ta v Ostravě zaměstnává zhruba dva tisíce lidí a poskytuje služby i dalším skandidávským státům. „V případě linky do Helsinek si jeden zájemce vyžádal dokumentaci, na konci října uvidíme, zda podá svůj návrh,“ řekl Jakub Unucka. Zadávací dokumentace je volně přístupná na profilu zadavatele.
Dříve létalo za peníze kraje letadlo z Ostravy do Vídně zkrachovalé společnosti Central Connect Airlines a slovenské letecké společnosti Danube Wings. Teď se by se mohlo vrátit. „Chystáme se do Vídně, což je pro nás, coby zajímavý hub, logicky nejlepší destinace. S vedením tamního letiště bychom chtěli jednat na začátku příštího roku,“ řekl Unucka.
Moravskoslezský kraj chce dopravcům platit veškeré náklady na provoz a linky zahrnout do základní dopravní obslužnosti.
Spolek Létejme z Ostravy, z.s. se dotazoval a získal vyjádření letecké společnosti Transavia, z jakých důvodů nepodala přihlášku pro provoz této linky.
Létejme z Ostravy, z.s. is an association, that for a long time points out to unsatisfactory development of airport Ostrava. The association was established in 2011 and supports people, who would like to help in airport progress, who wants to be it´s partners and express their views and ideas concerning progress plans and expansion of some new flights.
In the spring of this year the airport made an invitation to competetive tendering to find operator of flight Ostrava-Amsterdam. Also, the running of the flight had the guarantee of financial compensation up to 600 mil. CZK, in case of unprofit. However, nobody was interested in the tender so it was canceled in last few days. Currently, the region politicians are preparing a new competetive tendering.
By coincidence, 25.9.16 on the Katowice airport websites has been annouced a flight Amsterdam-Katowice, which is first starting on 9.5.17 . We were very surprised by the news and were wondering about the fact, that Transavia decided to fly to Katowice regardless of the offered compensation in case of Ostrava airport.
Therefore, please, let me ask you some questions. Your answers will make a useful source for our next meeting with region politicians.
- Did you know about the competetive tendering of Ostrava airport, which took place in spring 2016 up to recently?
- If you knew about it, were the conditions acceptable for you?
- Why Transavia has preferred Katowice instead of Ostrava?
- What should Ostrava airport do, to make it more attractive for you and make you think about some flight there?
I work as Network Planner at Transavia, I am writing to you in response to the below email.
I was involved in looking at the possiblility for a route from Ostrava-Amsterdam. This route was brought to my attention due to the Public Service Obligation, and the financial compensation involved. In the end we decided not to go ahead with the route, which is a shame due to the amount of support avialable, but we had very good reasons. So to answer your questions:
1. Did you know about the competetive tendering of Ostrava airport, which took place in spring 2016 up to recently?
- Yes we were fully aware of the tender
2. If you knew about it, were the conditions acceptable for you?
- No, the conditions were the reason we were unable to accommodate this route.
- Firslty, we only have B737s thefore 149 seats if our smallest configuration, in this respect 5x/week is too often for the size of the market. 3x/wk would be more realistic.
- Secondly and most importantly, these specific conditions were the biggest issue:
- “The earliest flight from Leoš Janáček Airport Ostrava (OSR/LKMT) must depart between 5:00 and 8:30 hrs local time, the last arrival to Leoš Janáček Airport Ostrava (OSR/LKMT) must be between 18:00 and 23:30 hrs local time”
- Since we don’t have any based aircraft in Ostrava, this means that we would either have to fly twice a day, one of which very early in the morning, or fly in the evening and stay overnight with the crew, and that would be very costly for us.
- If the conditions were 3x/wk and we could fly at more convenient times then we probably would have started the route.
3. Why Transavia has preferred Katowice instead of Ostrava?
- Katowice is a much bigger and well known airport with already a lot of movements per year.
- Katowice has a larger catchment area, and proven markets between EIN-KTW already with Wizzair.
- We didn’t have much capacity left over, we fly KTW 2-3x/wk, this uses less capacity than 5x/wk for OSR.,
4. What should Ostrava airport do, to make it more attractive for you and make you think about some flight there?
- Change the conditions, so they are attractive for an AMS based aircraft. Eg if you want to depart OSR between 0600 and 0900 local time, then we expect to be able to arrive between 0600 and 0830 for example. And if you want an evening OSR arrival, the we would have to depart to AMS the same evening
- Preferable fewer frequencies per week
- If neither of these are possible then enough financial compensation would be required not just to cover costs but also to make a substantial profit, otherwise the capacity required is can be better utilized flying to other destinations where we do make good profits.
I hope this helps and if you do revise the conditions pleae let me know, we start planning our schedules a year before we start flying per season therefore would need to know way in advance. For example it too late for summer 2017, but for winter 17/18 we need to know before January 2017. And for Summer 2018 before July 2017.
Kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,